The top is glued and back on the bench. I ended up adding an additional board since it was just sitting here and the wider top would allow me to correct my out of square rebates on the original wellboard. I still need to flatten further but it’s pretty close. In the middle there is a section that is low along the new joint but it’s not a big deal. Im going to add the dovetail keys and a planing stop to the top then do the final flattening.
Also, when I separated the top, I found that there was still an old finish on one half. I wonder if that was actually supposed to be an outside board as it had some writing on it too. This leads me to believe that I made a mistake during the original glue up. Either way, I can see why the glue didn’t hold. Thanks again for the help!