Reply To: Motors and thermal protection

Joost Borst

Im not sure what its called in English but in Dutch its called meggeren. You use a special device to measure the insulation resistance of the wires. The device puts a high voltage on the wiring and than uses that to measure what the resistance is. Here its usually done with 500V.

Dont forget to disconnect the capacitor if you dont want a firework show.