Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #552142
    Rowdy Whaleback

    Hello all,
    I’m thinking about designing a kitchen. I like making Chests of drawers with flush fitting drawer fronts and was wondering if there was a ball bearing slide system that could mount under conventional half lapped dovetail drawers. I have searched t’interweb and found various side and undermounted slides and runners but none that don’t require bringing the mount out to the sides rather than sitting on a wooden frame/runner.
    Do you know of any such product? I’m basically after something that reinforces/replaces the wood to wood slide which for frequent kitchen use may be less convenient.
    First world problems eh?!

    harry wheeler

    They’re called concealed drawer slides Rowly, and I know Rockler has some. I’m sure you can find them from other suppliers as well.


    Rowdy Whaleback

    Thanks Harry,
    Thos Go-Ez ones are the nearest to what I’d hoped to find. There are lots of the Blum type but they all appear to need side plate connection to the carcass.
    I will see if I can find a supplier here in the UK.

    Daniel Willis

    Lee Valley has an incredible selection of hardware. Drawer slides included. have a look at their site, you’ll probably find more than what you need.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.