This was a fun little weekend project I came up with–I have an old shotgun that was given to me by my late grandfather and have wanted to find a way to display it for a long time. So I took some mahogany scraps and did a little design research and came up with these. I did use a band-saw for the curves though I probably could have done it by hand. I just didn’t want to risk splitting the wood (which I did have an issue with but was able to repair as I went). This project was good for some mortise/tenon practice and they came out generally OK. That said, I did learn some valuable insight on this one–structurally, these hooks are not as strong as they should be because I used the wrong grain orientation (hence the split in one of my tenons that i had to glue back together). If the grain were more horizontal, the hooks would be stronger, and the edges would probably look a bit darker due to more end-grain. I bull nosed the mounting plate edges and lined the hooks with felt so as to protect the gun.