Reply To: Share your experience with bandsaws

#722626
jeffdustin
Participant

The bandsaw creates dangerous airborne particles of woods that are toxic and lodge in the lungs. They are so small that they remain inside the lungs and build in toxicity over time. Some woods are very noxious, but all create inflammation and eventually will kill you. Using a dust collector is a must and I always put on my dust mask, too.

I have a Rikon 10-326 and am deeply satisfied with it except for the cost. And I can’t cut a straight line to save my life.