A great place to start would be Paul’s blog. He has covered pretty much everything during his extensive run, so you can find articles on most subjects. The search is at the very, very top of the page and is the best way to find what you are looking for.
Our forums are also very useful. We have a large community of very helpful woodworkers taking in the whole range of experience, so it’s a great place to ask for advice on technical issues.
Also, don’t forget we have a whole slew of Tools and Technique videos freely available on the site, which you might find helpful.
If none of the above get you to a solution, you can always contact us.
If you are thinking of upgrading, here are the key advantages to Premium Membership over the Free Subscription:
- View our complete library of 25 or more paid projects online. Click here to see the projects currently available.
- You recieve four download credits per month which you can use to download paid videos. Once downloaded you can re-download the video again without using extra credits.
- New paid project videos are published every Wednesday, with a running time of about thirty minutes each. They aren’t available anywhere else.
- Follow these guides week-to-week to create beautiful, lasting pieces.
- Each project is accompanied by a tools list, hand-drawn layout diagrams and a cutting list, so you have all the information you need to get started.
Premium Membership costs $15 or £12 per calendar month and can be cancelled at any time. To sign up start here.
The monthly subscription period is reckoned by the calendar month and date. For example, if I sign up as a Premium Member on 7th July 2017, my first monthly payment will cover me from 7th July 2017 until 7th August 2017, when my next payment would be due. If I wanted to cancel before incurring another charge, I would have to do so on or before the 6th August 2017.
Premium Members have access to download four videos per month of their membership.
All downloads are subject to the following agreement:
I understand that by downloading these files:
1. I will not be able to ask for a refund after I have downloaded any files.
2. I agree that I will never upload these files to any video or file sharing websites.
3. I understand that I may show the files in my own home to family and friends and that I may use them myself, but I will not show them in public or give or share the files themselves with anyone.
You can do this by logging into the site and clicking on your profile in the upper right-hand corner. Then click ‘Update Payment Details’ and fill in the form.
For security purposes, we have very limited access to you payment details, which are kept securely with Stripe. We can help verify which card we have on system for you, by checking the last four digits only. To access any other details, we would need you to make a subject data access request. Issuing of such data would then be carried out in line with guidelines issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you have any concerns, please contact us.
First, log in to Woodworking Masterclasses. Then click on your profile in the upper right-hand corner of the site and select ‘Your Membership’. The following page will display the status of your subscription, and allow you to cancel it.
No, this doesn’t affect you.
No, they accumulate and we don’t have any plans for making them expire.
No, you won’t use your credits by just viewing videos on our site only downloading.
No, free videos are free to view and download and you won’t have to use download credits for them.
Yes, click here to purchase credits.
We haven’t figured this out fully, yet. However, we will figure out a fair way of making sure that members don’t have to pay anything extra to download the videos released during their membership. We will either just add the extra credits or encourage users to participate in other activities in exchange for an extra credit (i.e. upload pictures of their progress to the gallery).
You will keep your credits and can use them to gain access to view or download premium videos.
You can view all past projects with a Premium Membership. Paying members can also download four premium videos per month.
Please read this blog post for an explanation of how we choose our future projects.
If you have a suggestion for a project, you can let us know using the contact page. We note down and take account of all the suggestions we receive, but it would be impossible for us to cover all of them. Please also bear in mind, we tend towards the furniture end of things, so we are unlikely to cover large scale carpentry.
If you have written a post or reply for the forums, but it does not appear to be visible, it may have been flagged by our spambot for review by the team. If you experience this, do give the team an email and we can give the item in question a digital prod.
- Click on your name at the top right of the page. Then go down the menu and click on ‘Profile’.
- Click ‘Settings’ underneath the head-and-shoulders image.
- On the Settings page, you need to enter your current password under ‘Current Password’ and then type in a new password twice.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ to apply the new password to your account. The text ‘Your settings have been saved.’ will appear in green, confirming that you password has been changed.
- You will also receive an email from us notifying you of the change to your details. This email requires no further action and is incidental to the process except as a security measure.
Stuttering can be caused by a number of issues. To get things running smoothly, we would recommend trying the following:
- Try letting the video buffer before you view it.
- Close other browser tabs and windows. This can make a huge difference!
- Switch to another browser to see if that helps.
If none of these approaches work satisfactorily, please get in touch.
There are so many different options for casting and viewing that we cannot guarantee functionality with all set ups. Some of our customers have had to make do with more traditional viewing methods, while others have got casting to work without a problem. Here at the workshop, we have used chrome-cast on a number of occasions.