Wow what a learning experience this was. The layout on the plywood was a game changer. No idea how I would have been able to do this without following Mr. Sellers guidance. This was the most mortises I have chopped on one project, so I felt accomplished after that as well. Solid Alder with BLO and wax finish.
Carving the seat… not good. Huge fail, I will have to try again later once I feel I have the proper tooling/patience.
Looking good, DT. It’s a great feeling making something that we had no clue how to do before. All we need is a little guidance.
Now, lets look into scooping out that seat … I did mine in pine and I had made the curved-sole plane that Paul showed how to make. It was quite a valuable tool for it. Roughed with a gouge and refined with the curved plane and scrapers.