I’ve been looking around for a list of marks that help with all areas of woodworking. I’ve found the following:
– Datum part 1: V that marks the squared edge and points to the squared face
– Datum part 2: curlicue on the squared face that connects to the V
– Square: 1/4 circle that marks a squared corner
– Waste: on waste or non-squared areas of wood
– Cabinetmaker’s triangles: on front/back and side pieces, triangles to mark the orientation of the pieces.
I use the square, waste and triangles all the time.
I’m curious if there are some others that you find useful regularly? I’m sure there are a few new woodworkers like me who might find this information useful.