Welcome! Forums Off-topic How many tools for $4803

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    robinhc
    Participant

How many tools could I have purchased on eBay with $4803? We will never know now.  That is how much I had to pay on my federal taxes this year.  Now all I have to do if figure out how make my oak coffee table out of shipping pallets 🙂 … Robin HC

Robin ... Richmond, Virginia, USA

Joey Beninghove
    Participant

I hear ya man, makes me sick every time I have to stroke those checks for thousands of dollars to the gov’t.  I can’t help but think I could spend that money much more wisely than they can!  🙂

Joey -> Lanexa, VA

nwertman
    Participant

I cried a small tear as I put my check in the mail too.  It was enough to build & furnish a new shop from scratch with high end tools…  I don’t mind paying my fair share, but I would prefer if my share was a bit smaller.

Nathan Wertman (Grand Junction, CO, USA, 81507)

“But ‘it will do’ is a very bad maxim, especially for a person learning a business; the right principle is to ask oneself, ‘is it as good as it can be made?’ or, at least, ‘is it as good as I can make it?’” - The Joiner and Cabinet Maker

dborn
    Participant

Ouch!

juryaan
    Participant

Wow, that is a lot of money guys.

Lopik - Netherlands

nwertman
    Participant

I’m not trying to brag at all, but I had a *much* better year than I had anticipated.  I definitely owed every penny of it, and I was happy to pay my part.

I just wish I could have started a ‘come as you are’ woodworking shop for troubled youth with the money than given it to the government.

Nathan Wertman (Grand Junction, CO, USA, 81507)

“But ‘it will do’ is a very bad maxim, especially for a person learning a business; the right principle is to ask oneself, ‘is it as good as it can be made?’ or, at least, ‘is it as good as I can make it?’” - The Joiner and Cabinet Maker

Michael Petre
    Participant

Juryann, if I recall correctly the taxes aren’t collected upstream every month as they normally are over here…

Nathan, that would indeed be a very noble use of the money and time. Maybe check if there could be some sort of sponsorship available to start that project (city, county, state or private).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.