This is the introduction for a free series. Want to watch the whole thing? It is free to do so, you just need to log into the site and you can enjoy this series and many other videos we think you will love.
Trying to think of something to make for Christmas or a wedding gift perhaps? Paul instructs you on how to make a set of octagonal coasters which have laminated sections of various woods. This is an exacting project requiring a high level of accuracy using a number of skills and techniques we’ve developed through our online broadcasts.
The tools you will need are:
- Combination gauge (or marking gauge & poor man’s marking tool)
- Chisel hammer
- Chisels (at least 3/4″ or 1″)
- Hand Router
- Smoothing plane (No 4)
- Jack Plane (No 5) (optional as used while thicknessing)
- Tenon saw
- No 80 Cabinet scraper
- Card scraper
- Thickness planing jig (https://woodworkingmasterclasses.com/2014/05/thickness-planing/)
- Shooting Board (https://woodworkingmasterclasses.com/2012/11/shooting-board/)
* = optional