This is the introduction for a free series. Want to watch the whole thing? It is free to do so, you just need to log into the site, and you can enjoy this series and many other videos we think you will love.
This scalable leaning wall shelf can be adapted to many uses from a spice rack, to an entertainment unit or a bookshelf. It features self tightening tapered housings that make it readily disassemblable. The joinery combined with the shape and leaning nature of the shelf make it stable and strong.
- Combination gauge (or marking gauge and mortise gauge)
- Tape/Ruler (or both)
- Sliding bevel
- Chisel hammer
- Chisels (at least 3/4″ and 1″)
- Hand router (see how to make a ‘Poor Man’s Router here)
- Smoothing plane (No 4)
- *Jack Plane (No 5) (optional but recommended for refining edges and if preparing your wood from rough-sawn stock)
- *Scrub Plane
- Tenon saw
- Brace & bit and hand drill or drill driver
- * = optional
- Tapered half housing