This is the introductory page for a paid video series. Want to watch more of this project? Select the best option below to get started.
This scalable leaning wall shelf can be adapted to many uses from a spice rack, to an entertainment unit or a bookshelf. It features self tightening tapered housings that make it readily disassemblable. The joinery combined with the shape and leaning nature of the shelf make it stable and strong.
- Combination gauge (or marking gauge and mortise gauge)
- Tape/Ruler (or both)
- Sliding bevel
- Chisel hammer
- Chisels (at least 3/4″ and 1″)
- Hand router (see how to make a ‘Poor Man’s Router here)
- Smoothing plane (No 4)
- *Jack Plane (No 5) (optional but recommended for refining edges and if preparing your wood from rough-sawn stock)
- *Scrub Plane
- Tenon saw
- Brace & bit and hand drill or drill driver
* = optional
- Tapered half housing