This is the introductory page for a paid video series. Want to watch more of this project? Select the best option below to get started.
Join us as we take our housing joints to the next level by making a Shaker inspired bookcase. It will also include a mortice and tenon back frame and a few options in some of the construction details.
The tools you will need are:
- Combination square
- Chisel set
- Chisel hammer or mallet
- Combination gauge
- Hand router (you can use a poor man’s router)
- Tape measure
- Tenon saw
- Tongue and Groove planes or Plough plane or Rabbet plane (to be discussed)
The joints we are making are:
- Through housing dado
- Stopped housing dado
- Mortise and tenon joint (through)
- Mortise and tenon joint (stopped)
- Mortise and tenon joint (stub)
- Mortise and tenon joint (haunched)
Techniques and methods
We will be discussing face frames for added lateral stability to case goods using mortise and tenon frame construction.